There are so many fantastic 5 CROWN books that I got the opportunity to read this week, so it was extremely hard to choose as they all were amazing for various reasons. But when forced to make a selection, I was continuously drawn to Blind Landing by Carrie Aarons.
There are three reasons why this book got the top spot this week:
- Carrie Aarons doesn’t hold any punches when exposing some harsh truths about elite gymnastics, and I love when romance books can also shed some light on issues in the real world. What can I say? It just speaks to that English, literary heart I have.
- The characters are top notch. They are well-developed, engaging, likable, and the author takes the time to develop their relationship.
- The conflict and resolution are on point. This is often a trouble area for me when it comes to stories and where I lower the rating of a book, but Carrie Aarons hit it out of the park. The conflict and falling action are believable and gut-wrenching, and the resolution will heal the hole she put in your heart.
Make sure that Blind Landing by Carrie Aarons is on your TBR! You won’t regret meeting these gymnasts!
Fear stops dreams in their tracks before they even have a chance. Then again, so do injuries.
Natalia Grekov was born to win Olympic gold. As the USA’s top gymnast, she’s calm, confident and ready to make her country proud in just two short months. And her elite athlete lifestyle includes no time for distractions—especially men. When a disastrous fall in practice puts her dreams at risk, it seems the only person who can help her is the one person she wants nothing from.
Spencer Russell is gymnastics’ bad boy. A cocky, laid-back charmer with abs of steel and a witty mouth, he waltzes around the U.S. Gymnastics Training Camp like he owns the place—even though he doesn’t anymore. After an injury sidelined his career and any chance at Olympic glory, he’s now just a coach, helping other gymnasts reach their goals. Serious is not a word in Spencer’s vocabulary. But when Natalia tumbles into his life, he’s suddenly sincerely interested in helping the blonde beauty in any way he can.
Can they vault over the obstacles standing in their way? Or will Spencer be the distraction that causes Natalia’s chance at gold to crash and burn?
Add on Goodreads
Continue reading for author information.
About Carrie Aarons:
Carrie has wanted to be an author since the first time she opened a book. She loves spinning tales that include dapper men, women with attitude, and the occasional hunky athlete.
When she isn’t in what her husband calls a “writing coma”, Carrie is freeing up her jam-packed DVR, starting her latest DIY project, or planning her next travel adventure. She lives in New Jersey with her husband, who is more than happy to watch sports while his wife plots love stories.
- Twitter: www.twitter.com/authorcarriea
- Website: www.carrieaarons.com
- Amazon: http://amzn.to/1USXnLP
- Goodreads: http://bit.ly/1N7Ye99
- Street Team: on.fb.me/1PGNDPG