Cover Design : L.J. Anderson / Mayhem Designs
Model: Kamil Nizinski
Release Date: January 16, 2017
4 FLASH CROWNS
The Rule Maker by Jennifer Blackwood is so much fun! It is light, it is sweet, it will have readers smiling and laughing. The characters, the story, the antics that ensue will certainly have readers engaged from the first chapter.
What makes this story so incredibly enchanting is the characters of Ryder and Zoey. I enjoyed her antics and her crazy reactions to situations, finding myself chuckling as I read, and Ryder has this easy charm. Readers will find it difficult not to fall in love with him. Every single interaction between them is fun and light, and I really enjoyed watching their journey to coupledom.
The story is quick, fast paced, and so entertaining. From the opening pages, I was laughing at the crazy situations Zoey seems to get herself into. Their development as a couple, moving from hatred to love, will have readers swooning and sighing, while once again, chuckling. This couple is truly so much fun! The factor of every story for me is the conflict, and Jennifer Blackwood provides the reader with a serious and real conflict that leaves both characters’ reputations in-tact while still requiring some groveling. The resolution, while happening fairly quickly after the climax of the story is believable and romantic resolution to their story, leaving this reader completely satisfied.
This has been my first venture into the Rule Breakers series, and I certainly plan to return. It seems that this author would continue to provide the light romance readers often need to de-stress from the day, and I always need to have these type of writers on stand-by.
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
Ten Steps to Surviving a New Job:
1. Don’t sleep with the client. It’ll get you fired. (Sounds easy enough.)
2. Don’t blink when new client turns out to be former one-night stand.
3. Don’t call same client a jerk for never texting you back.
4. Don’t believe client when he says he really, really wanted to call.
5. Remember, the client is always right—so you can’t junk punch him when he demands new design after new design.
6. Ignore accelerated heartbeat every time sexy client walks into room.
7. Definitely ignore client’s large hands. They just mean he wears big gloves.
8. Don’t let client’s charm wear you down. Be strong.
9. Whatever you do, don’t fall for the client. You’ll lose more than your job—maybe even your heart.
10. If all else fails, see rule number one again.
Get your copy of The Rule Maker today!
$50 Sephora Gift Card
About the Author:
Connect with Jennifer
Facebook Author Page: https://www.facebook.com/AuthorJenniferBlackwood
Facebook Reader Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1541291366201625/
Goodreads Author Page: https://www.goodreads.com/author/show/8532549.Jennifer_Blackwood?from_search=true
Goodreads Reader Group: https://www.goodreads.com/group/show/186113-jennifer-blackwood-books