✮✮✮ THE SAPPHIRE HEIST is here! The highly anticipated conclusion of New York Times bestselling author Lauren Blakely’s new contemporary romance Jewel Novel Series, this enemies-to-lovers series is filled with sex, wit, glamour, and high stakes, with a rugged, ex-military, dirty-talking alpha hero! Don’t miss this explosive and passionate series and check out all the stops on the tour! ✮✮✮
Sapphire Heist is the conclusion of Jake and Steph’s story. The reader gets to follow them on their journey as they team up to solve the mystery of the missing diamonds while balancing their new relationship.
All the stylistic components that I love of Lauren Blakely’s writing are evident:
- There are still a lot of hot and steamy scenes; however, they are balanced out between Steph and Jake actually talking, working together, and being a team. So many times in romance, it becomes about the sex, but Lauren Blakely gives the reader both. There are definitely hot scenes in the hotel room and other public arenas, but the reader gets to see an actual relationship form.
- I have yet to encounter a romance writer that can weave mystery and romance together the way Lauren Blakely can. There are romances that are dark, gritty, and violent, but Lauren Blakely’s are more complex than that. There are several plots and characters that are woven together into one story, and the reader is never really sure how the story is going to turn out, leaving us on the edge of our seats. I know that I didn’t expect the perpetrators who stole the loot, and that is a true testament to her ability to create an excellent plot.
- Finally, the humor in this book is excellent. I laughed at lines and interactions between the characters, which is unusual for me as a reader. Any writer that can integrate mystery, humor, and romance into on book has made a fan out of me.
There aren’t any new major characters introduced, but I fell more in love with the main characters during this book:
- Jake in the bedroom is hot! He takes charge in the bedroom, but is also sweet in the things that he says to her. Anyone that can dirty-talk and still make me swoon is okay in my book. He does have an epic screw-up, but his apology is so sweet. I like that he also allows Steph to be her own person and make her own decisions without being threatened or feeling like less of a man because of it. His job also adds an element of danger, and a little bit of danger makes for an excellent hero.
- Steph is still just as honorable during this book. I really enjoy her as a character. She stands up to Jake when needed, follows her conscience when dealing with the investigation, and is still trying to take care of her mom. What I ultimately love most about her is how she doesn’t take crap from any of the men in her life. She has learned from her past and knows what she deserves, and, when she doesn’t get it, she walks.
- Their relationship definitely has some trust issues. She has been burned by several men in her life, and she struggles to trust. Just like Steph, Jake has been burned by a past partnership with another female, so it is understandable that this is an obstacle for them. It is nice to see them grow and work through these issues together. This issue between them is utilized effectively by Lauren Blakely to develop their relationship.
The plot is intriguing, and I was honestly surprised at who was behind the heist:
- I never expected the criminals to be who they are. Lauren Blakely introduces so many possibilities, and they all seemed plausible. When the criminal is revealed, I was completely surprised. I love this the most about the story. I am usually pretty good at figuring out a story as I am reading, but at least one of these people were never even on my radar.
- There is a lot of back and forth between the characters about Eli’s involvement, and this did get to be a little repetitive. Ultimately, though, the other elements of the plot and the relationship between Jake and Steph still allow me to really like this book.
- The ending is sweet. I like the Lauren Blakely didn’t force the standard happy ending. There is one, don’t fret about that, but it isn’t canned. Steph and Jake make it work for them; they find their own treasure!
This series solidifies the epicness that is Lauren Blakely, and her sub-genre of mystery/suspense and romance is done so well. She continues to be a one-click author for me!
ARC received from the author for an honest review.
When the woman left the gallery, she blew a kiss to Isla, who held open the door. The woman breezed down the street with a brochure in hand. Jake checked his watch. One more hour ’til showtime. This morning in Steph’s hotel room, they’d checked out every angle of Isla’s Island Gallery with Google street view as they’d prepped, but it was wise to obtain an actual visual with one’s own eyes.
Though the visual he wanted in his line of sight again was Steph Anderson.
Beautiful, blonde, athletic, clever, witty, pain-in-the-ass-and-heloved-it Steph Anderson. The woman who swam with turtles, who loved her family, and who kissed with passion and fell apart in his arms.
As he stared across the street, he adjusted his shorts. Just the memory of her up against the wall, then beneath him, then straddling him, sent bolts of lust through his groin. Last night with her blew his mind and torched all the pathways in his body. She gave herself to him in all the ways that he wanted, and he couldn’t wait to have his hands on her again.
But he also wanted the rest of those damn diamonds that he was sure were inside that gallery.
Wanted them badly. His fingers itched to touch them.
He patted his pocket, running his thumb along the outline of a little something he’d taken from Steph’s hotel this morning. He chuckled silently at the memory of lifting this sweet object. It had been so easy—taking candy from a baby, for sure.
He only hoped snagging Eli’s diamonds would be as smooth. Once he had his hands on all those blue-tinted beauties, he’d be good to go. He could get the hell out of Dodge and head on home to Key Largo. See his sister, see his nephew, have a brew with his buddy Dan. Maybe even fish off the dock near his house.
But out of nowhere, a pang lurched in his heart as he pictured boarding a plane and leaving this island. He scratched his head. What was that all about? He was ready to be done with this job today, thank you very much.
Except if he finished it, he’d have to say good-bye to Steph.
No reason for him to be missing her. They were only having a tropical affair, a little island tryst. Besides, neither one had time for anything more than the here and now. Once he was gone, he’d need to zero in on whatever was coming his way next. Not linger on the woman he wouldn’t see again. Get her out of his mind.
But as he ran a hand absently over his chin, it occurred to him that maybe this odd feeling inside him wasn’t so unusual, considering Steph was sweet, feisty, smart, game for adventure, and had a vulnerability in her that latched onto his heart. They had a damn good time together— he made her laugh, and she did the same for him.
THE SAPPHIRE AFFAIR & THE SAPPHIRE HEIST are being released by Montlake, which is an Amazon publishing company, and will only be available for sale at Amazon. You can download a free Kindle reading app for any smartphone or tablet here: http://amzn.to/1MIyrHi
**THE SAPPHIRE AFFAIR & THE SAPPHIRE HEIST are available for free on Kindle Unlimited!**
ABOUT THE SAPPHIRE HEIST (Jewel Novel #2):
Keep your lover close and your enemy closer…
After giving in to a fiery night of passion, island adventurer Steph Anderson and bounty hunter Jake Harlowe are back to square one. With millions in stolen jewels at stake, it’s hard for Steph not to question her new partner’s true motives—no matter how sexy he might be. Jake is hungry for more of Steph, but he can sense her growing mistrust, which only fuels his own doubts. Worse, there’s undeniable evidence that someone else is now after the jewels—and that they are both in real danger.
Fighting against their magnetic attraction is a distraction these two can’t afford. In order to survive, they’ll have to pull off one more heist—and trust each other with something even more precious than jewels: their hearts.
And Don’t Miss the First Book, THE SAPPHIRE AFFAIR, now available!
About the Sapphire Affair:
Bounty hunter Jake Harlowe knows how to track a criminal. So when a group of swindled shareholders hire him to trail their former CEO, Jake expects a quick trip to the Cayman Islands to close another case. Until a devastatingly beautiful woman gets in the way.
Steph Anderson is visiting the Caymans for a rock climbing and dive trip—or so she tells Jake. She’s really trying to find out whether or not her stepfather embezzled money from his company. The last thing Steph needs is the distraction of a sexy, charming man whose kisses drive her wild.
Soon, the pair discover they’re after the same target—and millions in jewels. While Jake can’t be certain Steph isn’t working for her stepfather, and Steph can’t be certain Jake isn’t after the diamonds for himself, they can agree the heat between them is intense, and neither can deny the passion for long.
But the morning after, Steph discovers that she just might have slept with the enemy, and now she’ll have to outwit him to get everything she needs…
About Lauren Blakely:
Since self-publishing her debut romance novel CAUGHT UP IN US three years ago, Lauren Blakely has sold more than 1 million books. She is known for her sexy contemporary romance style that’s full of heat, heart and humor. A devout fan of cake and canines, Lauren has plotted entire novels while walking her four-legged friends. She lives in California with her family. With ten New York Times bestsellers, her titles have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestseller Lists more than fifty times. Her bestselling series include Sinful Nights, Seductive Nights, No Regrets, Caught Up in Love, and Fighting Fire as well as standalone romantic comedies like BIG ROCK and MISTER O, which were both instant New York Times Bestsellers. In the fall she’ll release WELL HUNG, another romantic comedy. To receive an email when Lauren releases a new book, sign up for her newsletter:laurenblakely.com/newsletter.
Blog Tour Stops:
Lauren Blakely’s THE SAPPHIRE HEIST – Review & Excerpt Tour Schedule:
Kati’s Bookaholic Rambling Reviews – Excerpt
Naughty Moms’ Story Time – Review
Nice Ladies, Naughty Books – Excerpt
A Bookish Mess – Review & Excerpt
A girl and her books – Review
BJ’s Book Blog – Review
Socially Awkward Book Nerd – Excerpt
Little Red Reading Hood – Review
Got Nikki? – Excerpt
Book reviews by lexi – Review
Bookalicious Babes Blog – Review & Excerpt
Collector of book boyfriends – Review
Devilishly dirty book blog – Review & Excerpt
InBookEden – Review & Excerpt
Marie’s Tempting Reads – Review
Vagabonda Reads – Excerpt
FMR Book Grind – Review
The Reading Cafe – Review & Excerpt
Guilty Pleasures Book Reviews – Review & Excerpt
I Love Romance – Review & Excerpt
Inner Goddess – Review & Excerpt
Naughty Book Blog – Review & Excerpt
Two Book Pushers – Review
What Is That Book About – Excerpt
Book Bitches Blog – Review & Excerpt
Reading Tigress – Review & Excerpt
Author Groupies – Review
Ashley Book Blog – Review & Excerpt
Books and Things Blog – Review & Excerpt
For The Love of Fictional Worlds – Review & Excerpt
A Brit and a Yank – Excerpt
Musings of the Modern Belle – Review & Excerpt
Mia’s Book Blog – Review & Excerpt
Evermore Books – Excerpt
Nerdy Dirty & Flirty – Review
Reese’s Reviews – Excerpt
Dog-Eared Daydreams – Review
Bookaholic Confessions – Excerpt
Quesarasera Book Blog – Excerpt
Alpha Book Club – Review & Excerpt
Angel’s Book Heaven – Review & Excerpt
Stephanie’s Book Reports – Excerpt
Pretty Sassy Cool – Review & Excerpt
Sassy Southern Book Affair – Review & Excerpt
Jen’s Reading Obsession – Excerpt
The Pervy Ladies Book Blog – Review & Excerpt
Embrace the Romance – Review & Excerpt
All Romance Reviews – Review
Book Briefs – Review
Brittany’s Book Blog – Excerpt
Ellesea Loves Reading – Excerpt
TjLovesToRead – Review
Mile High KINK Book Club – Excerpt
The Flare Up – Excerpt
2 One Click Chicks – Review & Excerpt
The Book Avenue – Excerpt
My Girlfriend’s Couch – Excerpt
Captain Reads A Lot – Excerpt
Krista’s Dust Jacket – Review & Excerpt
Novel Addiction – Review
Sexyways of Reading – Review
The Book Sirens – Review
Four Chicks Flipping Pages – Review & Excerpt
Beneath The Covers Blog – Review & Excerpt
Two Girls with Books – Excerpt
BFD Book Blog – Review & Excerpt
Blushing Babes Are Up All Night – Review
Reading Between the Wines Book Club – Excerpt
Smut Book Junkie Reviews – Review & Excerpt
The Read Report – Review & Excerpt
Sofia Loves Books – Review
Friends Till The End Book Blog – Excerpt
G & T’s Indie Café – Excerpt
Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews – Review & Excerpt
Book Loving Fairy – Review
Ripe For Reader – Review
Shelly’s Book Corner – Review
Maari Loves Her Indies – Excerpt
Hooker Heels Book Blog – Review
Book Lovers Hangout – Review & Excerpt