✮✮✮ THE SAPPHIRE AFFAIR is here! From New York Times bestselling author Lauren Blakely’s new contemporary romance Jewel Novel series, this enemies-to-lovers series is filled with sex, wit, glamour, and high stakes, with a rugged, ex-military, dirty-talking alpha hero! Don’t miss this explosive and passionate series! ✮✮✮
5 JEWELED CROWNS
Because I love Jake so much, I decided to write my review as a 3 point list to show how much I adore him and this book. Here we go!
Three things I adore about Lauren Blakely:
- Lauren Blakely has an amazing talent of infusing her romance with suspense. The Sinful Night series is the perfect example of hot romance and the love stories of the Sloane siblings integrated with the epic mystery of their father’s death. The Sapphire Affair is another great example of her ability to integrate the two. There is plenty of sexual tension and steamy scenes, but she also gives the reader mystery. Who did it? Where are the jewels? Who can be trusted? All of these factors makes The Sapphire Affair another fantastic novel written by this very talented lady.
- She can write an epic sex scene. Her men are always wonderful dirty talkers, which in the romance genre, is a must for most readers. Jake does not disappoint! I mean the man as 3:1 ratio for climaxes for crying out loud. What woman wouldn’t want that in their lives and bedroom?
- Lauren Blakely’s plots are always complex, especially in the suspense-romance genre. There are many sub-plots to her main romantic plot. Her ability to weave these plots together seamlessly and among multiple books speaks to her ability to create engaging stories that draw readers in to the mystery being solved as well as the romance. The Sapphire Affair is not any different.
Three things about her characters:
- Jake is the best kind of hero. He cares for his family, rights wrongs perpetrated by criminals, and knows how to take care of a woman. He is a giver, and what is better than that?
- Steph is a heroine that the reader can respect, and this is incredibly important to me as a female reader. She is not only fighting to build her business back up after her ex-boyfriend destroys it, but she is also trying to rectify a wrong that has been committed against her mother by her step-father, who is no longer with her mother. Her ability to claw her way back to success makes her an admirable heroine in my book.
- Their chemistry together is palpable. The banter between Jake and Steph creates great sexual tension, and, when they finally get to act on their desires, it explodes off of the page.
Three things about the plot:
- As I have said before, I love a good suspense-romance, and this plot offers that very genre. A majority of the story focuses on where the gems are located, how is the crime being committed, and how do they collect the gems or the evidence. The answers to these questions will, I’m sure, be answered in the second book of the series, as this book ends with a cliff-hanger.
- The pacing of the plot is great. Never once did I feel as though I was re-reading information or questioning why I was being told something. All parts of the plot are pieces to the puzzle that become important in this story or will become important, I’m sure.
- The prologue immediately draws the reader into the story, and the plot ends at the perfect part. The reader feels as though the relationship has been established and settled between Steph and Jake, but then Steph makes a discovery that destroys it all. It makes the reader very anxious to see how this discovery is not only going to affect their relationship but also the newly established partnership to solve the mystery of the gems.
This author is one of my go-to romance/suspense writers, and The Sapphire Affair is another fantastic, sexy romance by Lauren Blakely. I look forward to getting the resolution of Steph and Jake’s story in The Sapphire Heist.
ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
Bounty hunter Jake Harlowe knows how to track a criminal. So when a group of swindled shareholders hires him to trail their former CEO, Jake expects a quick trip to the Cayman Islands to close another case. Until a devastatingly beautiful woman gets in the way.
Steph Anderson is visiting the Caymans for a rock climbing and dive trip—or so she tells Jake. She’s really trying to find out whether or not her stepfather embezzled money from his company. The last thing Steph needs is the distraction of a sexy, charming man whose kisses drive her wild.
Soon, the pair discover they’re after the same target—and millions in jewels. While Jake can’t be certain Steph isn’t working for her stepfather, and Steph can’t be certain Jake isn’t after the diamonds for himself, they can agree the heat between them is intense, and neither can deny the passion for long.
But the morning after, Steph discovers that she just might have slept with the enemy, and now she’ll have to outwit him to get everything she needs…
✮✮✮ Grab your copy of THE SAPPHIRE AFFAIR today! ✮✮✮
✦ Amazon US ✦ Amazon UK ✦ Amazon Paperback ✦ Amazon AU ✦ Amazon CA
THE SAPPHIRE AFFAIR can be read from free in Kindle Unlimited!
** THE SAPPHIRE AFFAIR & THE SAPPHIRE HEIST are being released by Montlake, which is an Amazon publishing company, and will only be available for sale at Amazon. You can download a free Kindle reading app for any smartphone or tablet here: http://amzn.to/1MIyrHi
And Don’t Miss the Second Book, THE SAPPHIRE HEIST, releasing August 16th! Preorder your copy today!
✦ Amazon US ✦ Amazon UK ✦ Amazon Paperback ✦ Amazon AU ✦ Amazon CA
Continue reading for an excerpt, teasers, giveaway details, and author information.
She cut him off, slicing her hand through the air. “No. No. No. And more no. Did you not hear me? The sex-toy mistress practically clung to me, and then I was very nearly subjected to a discussion of Eli’s predilections.” She dragged a hand through her hair in frustration. “I did not find the bowlful of diamonds, so we’ll have to go back again, and my champagne buzz is nearly gone, so I could really use a Cherry Popsicle.”
“Is that code for a ruby-encrusted—”
“No. There’s a bar along the beach that serves frozen cherry margaritas and they’re called Cherry Popsicles because they’re made around a frozen block of cherry ice, and when you get to the end you can suck on the Popsicle in the middle of it, and if I do not get one stat, my brain will be permanently branded with images of my stepfather’s fiancée holding that thing,” she said, gesturing wildly at the black pouch.
“Fair enough. To the Cherry Popsicle purveyor we go. Do they have ice cream? I do love a good ice-cream cone.”
“I’ll find you ice cream, Jake.”
“By the way, what’s a bandage dress? Is that like a dress made out of Band Aids?”
She heaved a sigh. “No. It’s a style. It’s very clingy and tight, but the fabric is sturdy,” she said, stopping to point to her breasts as if to show how a bandage dress would hug her curves.
He cleared his throat, and when she looked up, she saw him looking down.
At her boobs.
“I forgot. You’re a boob starer. Didn’t mean to tempt you, since you’re trying to stay on the wagon.”
He held up his hands in mock surrender. “One, you say that like it’s a bad thing. Two, you have fantastic breasts. And three, do you blame me? You were waving your hands in front of them. I had no choice but to stare at them.”
✮✮✮ Enter to win a $25 Amazon Gift Card and signed set of the THE SAPPHIRE AFFAIR and THE SAPPHIRE HEIST! ✮✮✮
About Lauren Blakely:
Since self-publishing her debut romance novel CAUGHT UP IN US three years ago, Lauren Blakely has sold more than 1 million books. She is known for her sexy contemporary romance style that’s full of heat, heart and humor. A devout fan of cake and canines, Lauren has plotted entire novels while walking her four-legged friends. She lives in California with her family. With ten New York Times bestsellers, her titles have appeared on the New York Times, USA Today, and Wall Street Journal Bestseller Lists more than fifty times. Her bestselling series include Sinful Nights, Seductive Nights, No Regrets, Caught Up in Love, and Fighting Fire as well as standalone romantic comedies like BIG ROCK and MISTER O, which were both instant New York Times Bestsellers. In the fall she’ll release WELL HUNG, another romantic comedy. To receive an email when Lauren releases a new book, sign up for her newsletter:laurenblakely.com/newsletter.
Check out the other blogs that will be featuring this amazing book over the next couple of days!
Lauren Blakely’s THE SAPPHIRE AFFAIR – Review & Excerpt Tour Schedule:
Vagabonda Reads – Excerpt
Books Need TLC – Review
Lina’s Reviews: A Book Blog – Excerpt
A Taste of Sin – Excerpt
Smut Book Junkie Reviews – Review & Excerpt
What Is That Book About – Excerpt
Marie’s Tempting Reads – Review & Excerpt
My Girlfriends Couch – Excerpt
Pretty Sassy Cool – Review & Excerpt
Friends Till The End Book Blog – Excerpt
Krista’s Dust Jacket – Review & Excerpt
Loves Great Reads Blog – Review & Excerpt
The Reading Cafe – Review & Excerpt
Inner Goddess – Review
All Romance Reviews – Review
Evocativebookreviews – Review & Excerpt
Nerdy Soul – Review & Excerpt
The Pervy Ladies Book Blog – Review & Excerpt
Book Bitches Blog – Review
Musings of the Modern Belle – Review & Excerpt
Go Read A Book – Review
A Bookish Mess – Review & Excerpt
Home. Love. Books. – Review
Ripe For Reader – Review & Excerpt
InBookEden – Review & Excerpt
Ellesea Loves Reading – Excerpt
Book Briefs – Review
Sofia Loves Books – Review
I Love Romance – Review & Excerpt
Author Groupies – Review
Love Drug Book Blog – Review & Excerpt
WTF Are You Reading? – Review
Books and Things Blog – Review & Excerpt
Book Lit Love – Review
A Fortress of Books – Review
Romance Book Nerd – Review & Excerpt
Southern Vixens Book Obsessions – Excerpt
The Flare Up – Excerpt
Novel Addiction – Review & Excerpt
Naughty Book Eden – Excerpt
Reviews from the Heart – Review & Excerpt
Socially Awkward Book Nerd – Excerpt
Embrace the Romance – Review & Excerpt
Bookalicious Babes Blog – Review & Excerpt
Alpha Book Club – Review & Excerpt
Four Chicks Flipping Pages – Review & Excerpt
Short and Sassy Book Blurbs – Review
BJ’s Book Blog – Review
Books, Coffee & Passion – Excerpt
Hart’s Romance Pulse – Excerpt
Limelight’s Books Blog – Review
Sizzling Pages Romance Reviews – Review & Excerpt
NC 2 DC – Review & Excerpt
Shelly’s Book Corner – Review